Wednesday, September 17, 2014

How Dual Enrollment Helped Me

We love hearing from our past students letting us know how things are going and what they are up to. The e-mail below came in this week, which is perfect timing, because September is dual enrollment month. Keep up the great work Alycia!

"Hi Val!

Classes have been going on now for a week and I have been wanting to get in touch with you about my life at SNHU! :)

Because of the amount of credits I got from CRTC, English, and Math, I am currently registered as a "Transfer Freshmen" and therefore am in a couple of "upperclassmen" classes.

I was placed in EDU 208 for this semester; I don't know if you have heard of the course material or not, but it is a class on Assessment Techniques.  As you probably are not surprised, I am the only freshmen in the class....the class is filled with all juniors with maybe 2-3 sophomores.  I was so nervous that I was out of the loop and was not going to know what was going on in class.  However, I went in the first day and recalled from prior knowledge from your classes and, to my and my professor's surprise, am able to intelligently answer discussion questions and add to our topics from a "younger" person's perspective.  I love the class!  I also have an in because some have only observed classrooms, and have not had the opportunity (yet) to actually student teach.  I was  working with another math education major (junior) this morning on a partner project and he was telling me that he has only observed math classes; all of my experience from CRTC was a big benefit and will continue to be!

Anyhow, I wanted to thank you for giving me the tools and knowledge to be able to take upperclassmen classes as a freshmen for Education!  If you wanted to share this info with your seniors this year, that's fine with me!  From a student's perspective, I would definitely recommend for them to sign up for all of the credits.  Take full advantage of CRTC because it will absolutely benefit them in the long run.

I hope everything is going well for you!

Alycia (2014 Completer of Teacher Preparation)"

To learn more about dual enrollment click here

No comments:

Post a Comment