Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Congratulations to Richie Ward



We are very proud of our Graphic Arts Junior, Richie Ward, for his winning of the Congressional Art award. He is now looking for assistance with paying for his travel expenses to and from DC to attend the award ceremony.


The below was taken from Richie's Go Fund Me page that he has set up.

"Hello, I am Richard Ward


I live in Boscawen New Hampshire and attend Merrimack Valley High School as a 2017 graduate (Junior). Last month, I entered and won the Congressional Art Competition, a prestigious competition for talented students across the United States to get a chance to have their artwork hung up in the White House.

Achievements This Year:
As a direct result of winning the Congressional Art Competition award, I was generously awarded a merit scholarship to Kimball Jenkins School of Art and a $1000 dollar scholarship towards the New Hampshire Intitute of Art Intensive Pre-College Summer Program. More recently at school, I was awarded an Academic Excellence Certificate (having a GPA of 3.5 or higher), as well as a Medallion to recognize my excellence in fine arts and lastly the Merrimack Valley Excellence in Fine Arts Plaque, which is given to only two students per year (one per Junior and Sophomore year) which is an extremely high honor. Prior to all this, I won a Gold Key Award and an Honorable Mention from Scholastic on the pieces "Inspiring Opportunities"(Gold Key and Winner of the Congressional Art Competition) and "Sass" (Honorable Mention).

Winning the Congressional Art Competition is an amazing opportunity for me; however, I have to pay for my own accommodations in DC. I also have additional monies needed for the Summer Program at NHIA and the Kimball Jenkins class in the Fall. That is why I am coming to you to ask for help in enabling me to reach these goals. The total amount I am asking for is $2,500.The NHIA scholarship is only good for this summer, the Kimball Jenkins' scholarship only through October, and the reception at the White House is a one time offera once in a life time chance.

My Goals: 
• Raise $2,500
   - $1,200 for NHIA Summer Program
   - $1,050 to pay for Travel Expenses to and from D.C.
   - $250 for art materials for Kimball Jenkins School of Art fall class.

My dream is to become a successful artist, who gives his time and energy producing amazing works for all to see and enjoy. Without help, I won't be able to go see my award winning art piece be hung up in one of the most prestigious places ever. Nor would I be able to better myself in the arts and prepare myself for college. All funds raised will go towards my trip to D.C. and everything to do with my education. With that said, please consider joining me in supporting my epic journey to refine my skills and see my work in the US Capitol.

Thank you all so much for your valuable time, it means the world to me.

Sincerely,

A student, An artist, An inspired soul,

Richard Ward Jr."

No comments:

Post a Comment