Wednesday, February 1, 2017

CRTC Student Spotlight!

February 2017


Charles Chapman CT SOM.JPGCharles Chapman felt a connection to CRTC Construction Trades program from the first time he toured the program.


“I saw the construction classroom and I loved it,” Charles said. “I’ve always liked working with my hands and I immediately saw that this was a place where I could fit in.”


Charles, a sophomore from Pittsfield High School, is halfway through his first year in the Construction Trades program, but already is looking toward the future.


“My freshman year I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life,” he said. “This class has really opened up the possibilities and already is helping me to mold my career plan.”


Charles likes that the class is hands on, and he likes that the program connects him with other like-minded students from different high schools. He’s eager to learn more about the construction, plumbing, electrical and welding trades, and is confident that he will graduate with a career focus and a plan.


“Charles is a great student who’s showing initiative toward planning for his future,” said John Hubbard, who runs the Construction Trades program.


And because Charles entered the program as a sophomore, he is eligible to do some exciting things in his Senior year, Mr. Hubbard said, including construction, plumbing, electrical or welding internships, and taking classes at Manchester Community College.

Charles is excited to continue with the Construction Trades program into his junior and senior years. “In this program I’m not just another high school student,” he said. “The Construction Trades program lets me stand out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment