Thursday, February 16, 2017

CRTC Student Spotlight!

Alex Love is CRTC Criminal Justice Student Of The Month

Alex_Love_CJSOM.pngAlex Love credits her interest in the CRTC Criminal Justice program to her grandparents. The Junior from John Stark Regional High School said she grew up watching television crime shows with her grandmother, trying to figure out all the clues that led to the bad guys, and that her grandfather was interested in forensic science and would set up his microscope with different slides each day and challenge her to figure out what she was looking at.

“Forensics and police tactics have always fascinated me,” she said. “So I came to this class to explore my options for the criminal justice field.”

Alex first learned about the Criminal Justice program by attending a CRTC recruitment assembly in her sophomore year, and she wrote about her experiences with her grandparents when filling out the essay portion of her application.

While her initial interests were in forensic science, Alex said that the CRTC Criminal Justice class has exposed her to the many options available to somebody going into this profession. “Ever since I’ve been here I’ve learned a lot of things about possible criminal justice career fields that I never even knew existed,” she said.

Criminal Justice teacher Ellen Arcieri said that Alex is a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic student that’s not afraid to help out or take on something new. Recently, during the CRTC Preview Days, Alex was a class representative, leading classroom projects for visiting students interested in the Criminal Justice program. When the snow day prevented some student representatives from showing up, Alex was one of three who stepped up to take on the extra work.

“I don’t know what I would have done without Alex the the other two students,” Ms. Arcieri said. “When I give her a task she steps up to take on that role … I think she should be recognized for that.”

Although Alex plans to go on to a career in the criminal justice field, she hasn’t yet determined just what that job will be. “But whatever profession I’m going into,” she said, “I won’t let anything get in my way that will keep me from doing what I love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment